Wednesday 2 June 2010

Great week for FM DXing!

Yep, it has been a great week for DXing as we have had alot of Es and tropos. I have, over the past couple of days had FM radio stations coming in from Norway, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Poland and Russia! I have had 88.0 Retro FM and 103.7 Europa Plus from St Petersburg in Russia. I have had too many radio stations to mention but I received NRK P1 and NRK P2 from Norway, LR-1 from Latvia I think. Had one this morning from Spain with the RDS "COPE". I think it was on 87.8 FM. Also had "Radio Polskie Dwojka" with a scrolling RDS on 92.0 FM. I also read on DigitalSpy that some people had FM radio from France and North Africa. More warm weather and high pressure is forecast which is the perfect conditions. Anyway, I watched the final episode of FlashForward on Monday night (that's when I first got Norweigen radio). I think the ending was weird, same as Lost. It was good though, tbh I can't see there being a second season, just the way it ended I don't think there will be. I do hope I am wrong, any comments regarding whether there will be a season 2 of Flashforward would be great. Weather has been great recently here in England, it's been very warm today with temps above 20 C. I did go out today, with Dawn and her friend Katie, we went to a town called Saltburn, near Redcar. The beach was quite busy and a few people swimming in the North Sea. It is forecast to be hot this week. At the moment I am listening to music. I also watched the movie Hostage last night, and parts of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre". Tomorrow I might be going out with Dawn and her family again, this time up to Carlton Bank in North Yorkshire. It is on the North side of the N. York moors, near Chop Gate and the Bilsdale transmitting station. You get great views of Teesside, including Middlesbrough, Stockton, Billingham, Hartlepool etc, and if clear enough right up to the Penshaw Monument near Sunderland. I was up there on Monday evening, it is nice up there. That is when I first discovered the Norweigen radio stations coming in. Anyway the plan is to wake up around 9 AM, watch Jeremy Kyle on ITV 1 at 9:25 AM (finish at 10:30 AM), get dressed and Dawn is coming at 11 AM. It is perfect. Alot of people are coming with us, but luckily we have 2 cars. I will update on this tomorrow night, which is daytime in America. LOL. Subscribe if you haven't already, and don't forget to keep leaving comments, I enjoy reading them and even reply to them sometimes.`

No comments:

Post a Comment