Monday 3 January 2011

Website - 2 years old/Windows Vista laptop damaged

As most of you know my Windows 7 laptop screen broke and is now in the shop for repair. My only other option was to use my Windows Vista. Well, that option is now out the window. I was walking down the stairs with my laptop this morning and as I did so the laptop fell right out of hands, down the stairs and landed on the floor. I was hoping nothing would be damaged but I was wrong. I turned the laptop on and although it started up successfully the screen had been damaged, I don't mean it had smashed, I mean it would come up with white and black colours and it would be all screwed up. I couldn't see anything. I tried plugging this into my TV but it was set by default to extend onto both displays so that was no good. Eventually, I find that the laptop begins emitting light smoke somewhere out of the back so I quickly turn it off before an issue that requires the use of a fire extinguisher arrises. Unfortunately I have no laptop now until my Windows 7 is repaired, even that could take a while. My Windows Vista had all my music, movies, Skyrock recordings etc. on the hard drive. Right now I have to use my dad's laptop to update the blog.

On a lighter note however, my website (www.jack-bromby.com) has now been on the web for 2 years! Since January 3rd 2009. I really didn't expect it to still be up this long but it is. I am happy anyway, plus it has just been renewed by Ceejay (Chris McNally) until the end of 2012, although it won't actually go offline until January 2013 even then I will be renewing it then for another 2 years too. However there has been some problems with the server today and I have found sometimes it won't load properly or redirects to Flirp.net. This is a problem with GoFreeserve who host my website and is out of my control. It usually fixes itself so the site may experience some downtime but it will eventually fix itself and be back up 100%.

If you haven't already, please click "Follow".

1 comment:

  1. Well, we both don't have laptops at the moment.. Since I have 2 desktops, I don't see a need until a gaming laptop (with DX11) reaches my price range [later this year]. My first tablet (Archos 43) is on it's way :-)

    Anywho, Jack- you should learn app coding/devleopment for Apple IOS and Android OS.. there is going to be some good money in writing decent applications. Then you can buy a good laptop.

    Also, stop being clumsy or else CeeJay will start another website for you "jackdropsit.com" (currently available) :-P

    ReplyDelete