Wednesday 22 September 2010

Bad News - Dave and Dawn split up

I have some very bad news which I just found out last night. My dad and his girlfriend, Dawn are splitting up. I am not 100% sure why at this point but I do know that today, Wednesday, she is packing up her things and moving out of his house. I think she's going to live at a friend's house for the time being. I asked Dave why and he said "she thinks I neglect her". I think I know the reason why they have decided to split up. Basically my Dad, Dave works alot. He works Monday to Friday and most of the time he works overtime on weekends Saturday and Sunday. On Friday nights he goes to the pub (bar, for my American readers), and he is out late until about 12 AM or so. Saturday and Sunday he usually works and Sunday when he finishes work he goes out to the bar again. The weekend just gone (18th) me and him were in Gravesend, Kent to see Ebbsfleet (football my dad follows) play. Basically I don't think there was alot of communication, and every relationship needs communication. Although I do sympathise on that one, I agree that my dad goes to the pub often. I'm not saying he's a drunk, I'm saying he could spend more time with his family rather than going and getting pissed whenever he's not working. I don't know. Although one thing I will say - Dave used to go out with Dawn years ago but she left him due to the fact that he was visiting the pub too often. So short answer - YES I suppose he does (did) neglect her in that way!

My next concern is that I have made great friends with Dawn's family, that is her sisters (Debbie and Janice) and everyone else there. I probably won't lose contact with them as I pass Debbie's house quite often when I walk to my dad's house. Janice sometimes has nights in the backyard with her family and they have a burner (fire). I have been told that I'll still be invited to those. Only thing I will miss is the trips to France with Dawn, Debbie, Debbie's husband and their grandchildren/niece. I pointed this out to Dave and he said he will still take me to France in the summer or maybe go somewhere else. Speaking of holidays, Dave and Dawn were suppose to be going back to France in 2 weeks. He is going on his own now.

What I do find strange about this is Dave doesn't seem to even give 2 craps that he just lost his girlfriend. I find that quite strange. I told him this and his response was "Jack, I've been through it all before, if she wants to leave me what can I do about it?" I then told him that he'll die alone and his response to that was "I don't care if I die alone as long as I die happy" I asked him "are you going to die happy?" and he said "yes".

Truthfully I didn't expect any of this to happen yesterday afternoon when I walked to Dave's house, well I guess relationships don't last forever. Nothing gold can stay. I'm not bothered so much by this but it is a shame. On a lighter topic I begin my computing course at college today. I'm also hoping for some nice warm weather at the weekend so I can paint the fence in the back garden (a job I've been putting off for a while now). If I do do it I will put my webcam on Justin TV and you can watch me live. It will of course be after Dave finishes work at about 3PM UK time.

Bye guys.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to here about your dad and Dawn breaking up. I know what it is like to lose the people in your life you care about the most. But like me you are a survivor. There are good times ahead for you Jack just have faith.

    ReplyDelete