Wednesday 28 October 2009

Wednesday - Trip To Lancashire

Before I start the post, Dave did get the telescope yesterday (Tuesday) and I have a video which I need to do some editing with and then will post on YouTube and then here, should be ready by Friday. Today we went to Manchester Airport then Blackpool in Lancashire! I have just got back at 22:30 and it is a relief to be out that car! I woke up at 7am, got up, had breakfast, watched Everybody Loves Raymond then Frasier on Channel 4, then a bit of Spongebob on Nickelodeon then Dave came. First thing we did was go to Tesco so he could get snacks and top up my phone (or the Global Positioning System would not work). After that we set off, first place we went was Manchester Ringway Airport, we spent about 3 hours there, before we set off for Blackpool. We tried to book a room in Premier Inn but there wasn't any rooms available, so we ate at the pub next door and drove into town. The traffic was extremely busy, but it was interesting. It took us just over an hour to drive from one end of the town to the other! We left at about 19:50 and at 20:00 we were on the road home. It took us 2 hours 40 mins to get home. Now I am at home writing this and talking to someone on MSN. Below are some pictures of the radio stations I received. Oh, also, on the way to Manchester, I stopped into Tingley, Leeds to photograph the transmitter for 96.3 Radio Aire, the sun was in the way so they weren't very good photos.

From left to right:

96.0 FM: BBC Radio Shropshire (West Midlands)
106.6 FM: Bradford Community Broadcasting (Bradford)
107.4 FM: Tempo FM (Wetherby)
103.5 FM: Minster Northallerton (Northallerton)
102.5 FM: The Pulse of West Yorkshire (Leeds, Bradford, Dewsbury, Wakefield, Halifax, etc)

No comments:

Post a Comment