Tuesday 20 July 2010

France Trip - Day 4 - More Arrivals (7/20)

Day 4 - More Arrivals


Today I woke up listening to Alors on Danse by Stromae on 105 FM, an Italian radio station. I like that song. I switched over to Skyrock eventually, I switched my laptop on, replied to an email from Ceejay and read some very old emails. Eventually I got up, got in the shower and then had breakfast, I had bread and butter, but it wasn't just any bread, it was one of those long French sticks. After breakfast we went out to the supermarket across the street and got some supplies in, then after that we went to another store down the road. We came back then dropped some things off at Debbie and Lesley's caravan then went to the pool. I spent a few hours there, but I did at some point go back to our caravan for some food. I then looked online while eating and noticed D&L's flight had taken off from Newcastle. I went back to the pool but left early while Dave and Dawn continued to relax by the pool. So I came back by myself, had a shower, got dressed, grabbed a bottle of Coke and my laptop and went over to D&L's caravan to get ready for their arrivals. I went online and listened to Skyrock while waiting for them. About an hour later Dave and Dawn turned up and a few minutes later D and L (and the kids) arrived. Maybe half an hour to an hour later Dave and Les went to the pizza shop over the road and ordered a pizza but it was taking ages to get here so Dawn sent me over to see what was taking so long, I ran over to the pizza shop and found nobody there, running back I noticed Dave and Les having a drink in the bar, so I asked where the pizza was and they said it was late and wouldn't be available until 9:15 PM. I ran back to their caravan and eventually they came with the pizza. I enjoyed it but it burned the hell out of my mouth, it was very spicy, the same problem I had with a different pizza the previous night, it was then that we worked out it was the ketchup we were using and not the pizzas. I had never had such a bad experience with ketchup before and hope to never again - why do they allow these things to happen? But I did enjoy the pizza. At about 10 PM I went off the computer and joined the group and we all had a good laugh. D&L and the kids were tired because of the long journey so we left just after 11 PM. Since then I have just been hanging around online. That's todays update, I also heard Dr Dre (Still Dre) on Skyrock last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment